Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wishfulness


Check out the new video for Wishfulness (available on itunes and at every major retailer in the USA) produced by WWAP's own Randy Ziady-Huling or as we like to call him Random Ran. Ran recently graduated from the Art Institute of California in San Francisco with a degree in Media Arts and Animation so if you or anyone you know is in need of some graphics I recommend contacting him through his website which is www.randomran.com.



Randy has been painting (legally and illegally) for about 20 years and has always impressed me with his talent to create characters. Its been a common scene at our rehearsals for Randy to sketch something in 5 minutes and throw it in the trash only to have me take it out of the garbage and frame it when i get home.

As our stage show has progressed we have integrated some live painting into our set starting with me drawing a big boobied stick figure and the outline of a house. It looks extremely juvenile. Like Mighty Mouse sans cape Ran hops in to save the day and turns the stick figure into a magical angel and the shack into a castle. Mind you, he does this while maintaining his regular DJ responsibilites.



On a side note I have to add that Randy and I have been performing for over 10 years together (dive bars) and he is the first person to ever actually hear me rap (I was very shaky). We studied acting together at the illustrious Santa Rosa Junior College and earned a reputation as tardy yet talented (in our own minds) performers. Randy starred in the epic hip hop play Stand Up Tragedy with the homies from High Intent and delivered a stellar performance in the lead role. He also did the artwork for my cd Capsule Effects and his cover has always gotten plenty of compliments. I tell you this so you can see how multi faceted our DJ is and because Topher and I try to hog all the attention...ok well I guess its actually me that does that so...yah...there ya go.


Oh and by the way...always remember what Wishfulness tells us..."often the best episodes are not sitcoms or cancelled shows but passed on pilots that corrode on dusty shelves of dreamers bold".

-David Downey, Jr.



No comments:

Post a Comment